Thursday, April 12, 2007

Circus family

Last Friday, my sister's store, Riot, held its annual spring fashion show. The theme was the circus, and it was an amazing show. Models twirled batons, did acrobatics and gymnastics, whipped thingies around on the end of strings, hula hooped, while wearing some of the groovy stuff available at Riot.
My brother, Mike the circus strong man, was the M.C., my nephew Ryan tended bar. My sister, Robin, blew up a lot of balloons; my nephew, Henry, was behind the scenes directing the spotlight. Steve and I gave away door prizes, and my niece, Leona, modelled clothes and demoed a cartwheel. A family affair.
Me the Ringmaster, Lightning Robin, Brenda and Strongman Mike
Ryan and Brenda

Acrobatic Leona & Mike


I'm pretty sure I wore this in the 80s -- less the clown nose.

All photos: Rod Frew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even I didn't wear that in the 80's Candy, It's Flashdance meets, Grease meets Cindy Lauper, *eek*. The shoes are workable tho' ;)