Sunday, April 15, 2007

The incredible shrinking woman

I've re-joined Weight Watchers in a concerted effort to find myself (I know I must be under this veneer of fat). The result is that I'm eating so healthfully. Weight Watchers works on a points system, with many vegetables having a zero points value. So to keep from being hungry, I'm eating way more vegetables than I had been.


And I'm experiencing hunger in a new way. I don't spend my days with a grumbling stomach, but I actually get hungry at mealtimes. For so long, I'd been maintaining a constant input of food, and rarely had the chance to feel hunger.


Crazy, n'est-ce pas?


So two weeks in, I'm down 4.4 pounds, and up about 40 servings of vegetables.


And just for fun, here's a completely unrelated photo. From B's fashion show, it's the model swinging thingies. Photo courtesy of Georgia Straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're saving your points for Saturday . . . homemade double chocolate cake is on the menu . . . but I could also have carrot and celery sticks on hand if you are feeling particularly boisterous.